We aim to place 100 percent students. In order to fulfil our aim we strictly follow the ‘One Student One Job’ policy. It ensures that every student gets equal job opportunities and only few students do not consume up all the jobs. Also, it underlines our commitment to the recruiting companies. If the recruited student does not join the company without intimating the details to the placement office and recruiting company, s/he is liable to face penal provision as per the institute rules.
The campus placement process is conducted by the students under the guidance of the Head – T&P, NIT Raipur. Student Placement Conveners (final year students) with active support from the Placement Coordinators (pre-final year students) facilitate the campus recruitment procedure. The usual placement procedure of the institute is follows:-
- The Placement Office or the Placement Cell (a body of student representatives) sends invitations to companies/ organizations along with the Job Announcement Form (JAF)/Internship Response Form (IRF) and other relevant information.
- Company/ Organization fills in the JAF containing details of the job and sends it to us through e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All the information received from the company, through JAF/IRF and any other form, are made available to the students. Interested students are asked to register for employers of their choice.
- The institute has a strict “One Student – One Job” policy; hence, the students are very particular about the companies they want to appear for campus recruitment. Once selected, they are not allowed to sit for further campus placements as per the placement policy of the institute.
- The date for the campus recruitment process is scheduled with mutual consultations between the recruiting company and the institute.
- Database and/or resumes of interested candidates are made available for the company as per the request. Short listed students are notified. All the students are encouraged to attend the “Pre Placement Talk” conducted by the company.
- On completion of the selection procedure the company is required to announce the final list of the selected students preferably on that day itself.
Note:- The Job Announcement Form (JAF)/Internship Response Form (IRF) provides the primary basis of communicating the details of the positions offered to the candidates. It is therefore, highly desirable that the Form is completed in all respects and it would be advantageous if it were accompanied by relevant company literature with more details about the company.
Download Job Announcement Form        Download Internship Response Form